Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to the South West Mudfest?
- Parking will be available a short distance from Bootleg with a shuttle bus running to the event. If you choose to drive, we recommend carpooling and appointing a skipper in advance.
- To find out more about where to park, click here!
How will the starting waves work?
- We have staggered starts to minimise the congestion at obstacles and maximise the fun!
- Start waves will leave at 10 minute intervals.
- When you register you will need to sign up for a start wave time.
- If a wave start time is no longer available when you register, it means it has been filled.
Will there be a bag drop?
- Straight after you register, you will be able to drop your valuables (keys, phone and wallet) at our manned valuables drop FOR A GOLD COIN DONATION to local South West sporting clubs.
- You can then drop your towel and a bag of clean clothes on the shelves in the change rooms.
- Please note that while we will have security guards in place, all items are left in the change rooms at your own risk. Event management takes no responsibility for lost or stolen property.
What is the dress code?
- Prepare to get down and dirty!
- The South West can experience some fairly wintery weather in July, so be prepared for cold and potentially wet weather. The good news is that you will quickly warm up once out on course!
- We suggest wearing long sleeved clothes and layering up. Old clothes are the best bet when dealing with mud, don’t wear your Sunday best!
- We will have a ‘muddy bin’ at the finish line if you would prefer to dispose of your outer layer of clothing once you have completed the course.
- Prizes are up for grabs for the best dressed, so be creative!
What do I need to bring?
- A copy of your confirmation email so we can scan you in (this can be a printed copy or displayed on your phone).
- Please remember a towel for the shower, a new set of clothes to change into before you head over to Bootleg and a plastic bag for any dirty clothes that you would like to keep.
- You will require photo ID in order to be served alcohol.
- Why not bring an action camera to record your day!
Will there be showers?
- After you cross the finish line, pause for a photo then run straight on in to the hot showers!
- We don’t want Bootleg covered in mud, so it is compulsory to be clean before you enter the brewery.
Will the South West Mudfest be timed?
- No, both the Dirty Dozen and Mud Mayhem are untimed courses. We will however have clocks at the finish line of each race if you wish to time yourself!
- Our stance is that the Mudfest is a challenge, not a race. So don’t be too concerned about speeding around the course, take your time and have fun!
Will there be catering?
- A free Bootleg burger and drink (either a famous Bootleg beer or soft drink) is included with your registration! This can be redeemed at the Beer & Burger Bar located in the festival zone.
- For the Kids Course, each mud cub will receive a hot dog and a soft drink at the finish line.
- Once you have completed the course and cleaned the mud off, you can head over to Bootleg Brewery where they will be serving food and drinks. Check out their mouth-watering Mudfest Menu here in a few weeks!
- If you want a table in Bootleg Brewery, make sure you book ahead! Due to popular demand, tables are for prior reservations only (so get in quick).
- Please note that you are required to show photo ID to be served alcohol.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Yes, registering for the event involves agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- You can find our terms and conditions here.
- Keep in mind those under the age of 18 will require the signature of a parents or guardian who is present at the event.
Will there be any entertainment?
- We want to create a festival experience to celebrate the love of mud!
- You can expect a DJ in the Beer & Burger tent, with a more relaxed acoustic artist and some fun games over at Bootleg.
Are team entries available?
- Yes, however team entries are informal.
- To enter as a team, get your friends together and all sign up for the same start wave.
- Matching team uniforms are encouraged!
- Don’t have a team but love a little teamwork? When you register online, you can opt in to register into a group needing members!
- For more information on how to create a team, check out our TEAMS page on this website.
Can I bring my kids?
- 2017 brings with it a NEW Kids Course for ages 6 to 12 years!
- There is an excellent playground at Bootleg that the youngens will love!
- Keep in mind they must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
Are spectators welcome?
- Of course! The more the merrier!
- Position yourself at one of our spectator points.
How old do I need to be?
- The minimum age to participate in the Dirty Dozen is 15 on the day of the event.
- The minimum age to participate in the Mud Mayhem is 12 on the day of the event.
- The age requirements for the Kids Course is 6 years to 12 years.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Our event policy outlines our event rules, registration policy, conditions of entry and contingency procedures.