Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to the Swan Valley Mudfest?
- Parking is available, just a short stroll from the event site, and with plenty of space surrounding the course spectators are more than welcome to attend and cheer on those getting stuck in! Please do not park or stop on Great Northern Highway.
What do I need to bring on the day?
- Most importantly, you need to bring your barcode to scan in on the day at the registration tent. This barcode can be found on your confirmation email.
- Please remember a towel for the shower, a new set of clothes to change into before you head over to the surrounds of the amphitheater and a plastic bag for any dirty clothes that you would like to keep.
- Why not bring an action camera to record your day, or take a muddy pic before your shower!
- If you are participating in the Muddy Paws Challenge, don’t forget to bring your dog lead and some bags.
Are team entries available?
- Yes, however team entries are informal.
- To enter as a team, get your friends together and all sign up for the same start wave.
- Matching team uniforms are encouraged!
- Don’t have a team but love a little teamwork? When you register online, you can opt in to register into a group needing members
- Need help registering a team? Check out our TEAMS page for a full explanation!
How old do I need to be?
- The minimum age to participate in the Kids Course is 3 on the day of the event.
- The minimum age to participate in the 5km Course is 9 years on the day of the event.
- The minimum age to participate in the Muddy Paws Challenge is 9 years on the day of the event.
- Participants aged 9 to 14 years need to be accompanied on course by a registered 18+ guardian. Participants aged 15 to 17 years need a guardian present at the event.
- All dogs registered in the Muddy Paws Challenge must be registered and run with a 18+ guardian.
How do the different starting waves work?
- We have staggered starts to minimise the congestion at obstacles and maximise the fun!
- When you register you will need to sign up for a start wave time. Waves are allocated on a first in basis.
- If a wave start time is no longer available when you register, it means it has been filled.
What is the dress code?
- Be prepared, you’re going to get muddy, wet and sweaty – so perhaps not your Sunday best! Wear anything you can move freely in (duh!) and anything you don’t mind getting a little (or a lot!) dirty.
- We will have a ‘muddy bin’ at the finish line if you would prefer to dispose of your outer layer of clothing once you have completed the course.
- Prizes are up for grabs for the best dressed, so be creative!
Will there be showers?
- After you cross the finish line, pause for a photo then run straight on into the wash off zone for you and your pooch to rinse off!
Will the Swan Valley Mudfest be timed?
- No, all of the courses are untimed courses. We will however have clocks at the finish line of each race if you wish to time yourself!
- Our stance is that the Mudfest is a challenge, not a race. So don’t be too concerned about speeding around the course, take your time and have fun!
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Yes, registering for the event involves agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- You can find our terms and conditions here.
- You can find our Event Policy here.
- You can find our Muddy Paws Challenge safety guidelines and rules here.
- Keep in mind those under the age of 18 will require the signature of a parents or guardian who is present at the event.
Can I bring my kids?
Yes! The children’s course is all about having as much fun as you can in your 45 minutes on the course! A parent must accompany their child into the fenced off area, and then accompany them out. Please do not leave your children unsupervised. You can register yourself on the day when you collect your child’s packet. The children will be separated into age groups in their wave start time with the older ones going first.
Are spectators welcome?
Of course! The more the merrier! Bring a picnic run and position yourself in the Event Village of find one of our spectator points and watch your family and friends get stuck in the mud! Please note all dogs must be on a lead at all times.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Our event policy here outlines our event rules, registration policy, conditions of entry and contingency procedures.
Can I volunteer?
- We are looking for fun, friendly and motivating people to help out on the day and cheer on the participants.
- Volunteer roles include manning obstacles or running the Event Village.
- If you would like to be part of the Swan Valley Mudfest team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can my child run with our dog on the Muddy Paws Challenge?
Children over the age of 9+ years are able to run in the Muddy Paws Challenge. However, due to the large number of dogs and safety regulations an adult of 18+ years must control the dog at all times.
Muddy Paws Challenge Checklist
You know your dog better than anyone, so here is a Muddy Paws Checklist to help you decide whether they would like to run the course:
- Your dog must be at least 1 years old
- Your dog must be fit and healthy – remember, they have to take twice as many steps as humans.
- Is your dog sociable with other dogs and humans?
- Do you think your dog will be able to complete the course?
- Your dog must not be in season.
- Your dog must be happy to be on a lead at all times during the event
- Your dog must be fully vaccinated
- Your must ensure you keep your dog hydrated during the run
- Your dog needs to wear a collar with identity tag at all times.
I am not registering for the Muddy Paws Challenge, can I still fundraise for the RSPCA WA?
Absolutely! Please click here to visit the Swan Valley Mudfest fundraiser page to safely donate much needed money to the RSPCA WA.
We are heading to the Swan Valley for a weekend away, where should I stay?
The Midland Tourist Park are offering a 10% discount on accommodation for the weekend of the Swan Valley Mudfest! Just enter the code below or show them your Swan Valley Mudfest registration when you arrive.
They have rooms to suit all needs – a romantic weekend away, a family retreat or a weekend away with friends!
To book today or find out more information about the Midland Tourist Park, check out their website here!